This 75 page activity pack forHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling, contains 25 Common Core-aligned reading response activities. Focus standards include Plot, Character Analysis, Opinion Writing, Point of View, and Theme.
No Prep Needed →Print and Go! →Easy instructions for Digital use!
Perfect for whole class, small group, or even independent study.
1) Four Anchor Posters •Provide guidance and visual for complementing activities •All come in color and b/w versions →Plot →Character Analysis →Opinion Writing and Point of View →Theme
2) 23 Reading Response Activities •Main Events •Plot: Main Events •Comic Strip •Harry's Conflicts •Cause and Effect •Character Analysis Cards •Character Snapshot •Character Comparison •What Would I Do? •Character Responses •Revenge on Sirius Black •Ron vs. Hermione •Dear Diary •Points of View •True Friendship •Themes and Lessons •Theme Thoughts •Lessons Learned •Response to Literature: Theme •Would You Rather...? (4 versions)
3) Culminating Project Options •9 creative project choices for students to complete after they finish the book
4) Four Quote Posters with Freewriting Journal pages •Attractive quote posters provide springboards for students to free-write about themes explored in the story
5) Easy planning and Low Prep •Detailed Table of Contents outlines standard/focus and tells you when to use what •Common Core Codes included for all activities •Student Packet Cover for easy organization •All Answer Keys
Digital Version Info: For the digital version, you will need Internet access and a free Google account, OR Google Classroom. It will work on computers or iPads. (To use it on an iPad without Google Classroom, simply have your students download the Google Slides app, available for free on iTunes.) Upon purchasing, you will download a document containing a secret link to the digital file, along with explicit, easy-to-follow instructions that will get you started in minutes! Students will be highly engaged and freshly invigorated as they type, draw, and diagram directly into the file on their computers or tablets. They can easily share their work with you as they go, all without the hassle of paper, pencil, and copies.
Refund Policy: Due to the digital nature of this resource, refunds or exchanges cannot be issued. Thank you for carefully reading the description and viewing the preview before your purchase.