This 81 page activity pack forHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, by J.K. Rowling, contains 25 Common Core-aligned reading response activities. Focus standards include Setting, Figurative Language, and Character Analysis.
No Prep Needed →Print and Go! →Easy instructions for Digital use!
Perfect for whole class, small group, or even independent study.
1) Three Anchor Posters •Provide guidance and visual for complementing activities •All come in color and b/w versions →Setting →Figurative Language →Character Analysis
2) Setting Activities •Setting: The Five Senses-Knockturn Alley •Setting: The Five Senses-In a Flying Car •Settings and Emotions •Setting Activity: Ron's Room •Setting Activity: Knockturn Alley •Setting Activity: Diagon Alley •Setting Activity: In a Flying Car •Setting Activity: Snape's Office •Harry's Room at the Dursley House •Harry in the Flying Car •Setting Snapshot
3) Figurative Language Activities •Figurative Language •Similes •Idioms •Potter Personification •Figurative Language Find •Write about the Character
4) Character Analysis Activities •Character Traits •Character Interactions •Character Responses •You vs. Character •Round or Flat? •Round Character Analysis: Harry •Round Character Analysis: Hermione •Round Character Analysis: Dobby
5) Additional Resources for every six chapters •Solve the Riddle (focus on comprehension) •Dictionary Detective (focus on vocabulary and dictionary practice) •Learning Log (focus on comprehension and analysis)
6) Culminating Project Options •10 creative project choices for students to complete after they finish the book
7) Easy planning and Low Prep •Detailed Table of Contents outlines standard/focus and tells you when to use what •Common Core Codes included for all activities •Student Packet Cover for easy organization •All Answer Keys
Digital Version Info: For the digital version, you will need Internet access and a free Google account, OR Google Classroom. It will work on computers or iPads. (To use it on an iPad without Google Classroom, simply have your students download the Google Slides app, available for free on iTunes.) Upon purchasing, you will download a document containing a secret link to the digital file, along with explicit, easy-to-follow instructions that will get you started in minutes! Students will be highly engaged and freshly invigorated as they type, draw, and diagram directly into the file on their computers or tablets. They can easily share their work with you as they go, all without the hassle of paper, pencil, and copies.
Refund Policy: Due to the digital nature of this resource, refunds or exchanges cannot be issued. Thank you for carefully reading the description and viewing the preview before your purchase.