Thank you for visiting! I am so grateful you’re here, and would love to share a little bit about me.
I have seven years of elementary education experience so far. During this time, I have taught all subjects in second, fourth, and sixth grades. It was during my time teaching sixth grade that I discovered my passion for using great children’s literature in the classroom. I started writing creative novel studies to support my efforts.
It wasn’t until later that I began publishing these novel studies online in hopes that I might help other teachers in classrooms across the world. I was humbled and blessed to discover that there was actually a big need for my novel studies. In this way, my brand, Nothing but Class, was born, grew like wildfire, and happily continues to flourish.
Besides being a teacher-author, I am also a beloved wife, and the proud mama of an amazing four year old girl. We’re very excited to have another little one on the way as well!
A little more about me…
- I am Cambodian-American. Growing up, I usually felt different and out of place. Now, I feel unique and proud of my heritage. Because of my experience as a minority, I feel strongly that there is a need to bring diverse books into all classrooms everywhere!
- You will often find me hanging around outside with my family (including our dog, Billy). We love to walk, bike, skateboard, explore, blow bubbles, talk about leaves and clouds, and draw with sidewalk chalk.
- I have had an intense love for books my whole life. When I was little, I would sometimes get in trouble for reading too much! I would read books over and over and over again. In elementary school, my favorite books were: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.
- I am a big Potterhead, so maybe it’s fitting that some of my bestselling novel studies are for the Harry Potter books. My favorite Dumbledore quote is: “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
- I was born in Texas, but then my growing up years were spent in Delaware, Minnesota, and California. I currently live in beautiful North Carolina, but I think I will always be a California girl at heart!
- I love to travel and have been to Hungary, Romania, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Cambodia, France, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean! There is so much more of the world to see, and I look forward to expanding that list soon.